[x264-devel] Different pic_init_qp_minus26 cause stitching to fail.

Gil Pedersen gil at cmi.aau.dk
Tue Jun 4 17:34:05 CEST 2013

On 04/06/2013, at 17.04, Jason Garrett-Glaser <jason at x264.com<mailto:jason at x264.com>> wrote:

Wouldn't it make more sense to make "stitchable" the default? Intuitively, I would expect similar encoding parameters to generate files with similar SPS/PPS, regardless of the content.

The SPS/PPS *are* similar; what you're asking for is bit-for-bit identical.

Indeed, and this is what I would expect. I know, because I have previously used x264 with that assumption.

Anyway, the issue is not really important to me any more, but I thought that reversing the default might help others in the future. If it's not sensible to do, the suggested patch will be just fine.

Regards,
Gil