[x264-devel] impact of Zerolatency on video quality

Karthick Kumar karthik1990r at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 04:42:46 CEST 2013

Hi,

       I'm using veryfast preset and zerolatency tune for my streaming
application.
When I use zerolatency, I'm getting many thin horizontal lines(with equal
spacing) in my encoded frames. I compared with the yuv , those lines are
not present.

And when i remove zerolatency setting, then those lines are not visible.
But for my streaming application, zerolatency is must to meet the latency
requirements.

Can't we use the zerolatency and also get rid of those thin lines ?