[x264-devel] any pointers on how to insert a 'real' IDR frame in a periodic intra-refresh stream ?

Dolevo Jay cmst at live.com
Fri Oct 25 13:27:27 CEST 2013

I think you better restart the encoder when a new user comes into play.

Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 22:55:12 -0700
From: badri_p_gopalan at yahoo.com
To: x264-devel at videolan.org
Subject: [x264-devel] any pointers on how to insert a 'real' IDR frame in a	periodic intra-refresh stream ?

I'd like to insert a real IDR frame at some points in a periodic intra-refresh stream (to provoke flashplayerto start playing it - it does not start playing until it receives a full IDR frame). Everything a user joins a stream, I intend to try to use this mechanism to generate a full IDR frame, and none after that (until another user joins).
While I have done this successfully in a non intra-refresh stream, I have not yet seen how to do this if the stream is an intra-refresh stream.
Any pointers much appreciated,thanks and regards,Bgpl