[x264-devel] Using x264 in my project

BugMaster BugMaster at narod.ru
Fri Sep 20 21:21:15 CEST 2013

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 21:49:30 +0200, Tobias Meyer wrote:

> Hello there

> Im not sure if im asking in the right place, I hope you can help me :)
> I would like to ask permission to use x264 in my project
> (https://fraktalysator.codeplex.com/) to enable the user to create zooming videos of fractals.

> Best regards,
> ArgusMagnus

What do you mean by use x264? Are you going to use x264 cli (.exe) or
libx264 library? And about what permissions of use are you talking? If
you are talking about library than you should decide if you ok with
GPLv2 license or not (from what I googled Microsoft Public License is
not compatible with GPL so you may have problem here). If you need
something other than GPL than the only other license we can suggest is
the commercial license.