[x264-devel] Patch: C89 compatibility for msvc

Martin Storsjö martin at martin.st
Thu Mar 20 07:56:20 CET 2014

On Thu, 20 Mar 2014, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:

> On 07 Mar, Matt Oliver wrote :
>> Attached is a very basic patch that just has some minor C89 conformance
>> changes that revolve around ensuring declarations occur at the start of a
>> block. These are minor changes but they allow for native msvc compilation
>> on Windows.
>
> VS 2013 supports C99 completely. Some bugs were present but are fixed in
> the upate 2 CTP.

There's one final bug which wasn't fixed in the update 2 CTP at least
(https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/808469) which
hopefully is fixed in the final version of the update.

Also, cmake isn't necessary to build it - one can easily use the current
configure script (which already supports ICL) with a few minor
modifications.

I'll post my version of patches for MSVC support for reference.

// Martin