[x264-devel] Compiling Steven's msvs2013 devel branch

Steven Walters kemuri9 at gmail.com
Fri May 23 14:48:14 CEST 2014

It looks like the depend file failed to be created properly.
The culprit here is that make is expecting "CC=cl", and not
"CC=cl.exe" for MSVS.
With the difference, make is using gcc-style dependency generation to
generate the .depend, where it needs to be using the msvs style.

Please try again without specifying the ".exe" in your configure line:
CC=cl ./configure --disable-cli --enable-static

Regards,
Steven