[x264-devel] Forcing intra coding on real time

David Cassany Viladomat david.cassany at i2cat.net
Wed May 28 16:51:07 CEST 2014

Hi all,

Maybe some of you can help me. We are developing an streaming server using
x264 and we would like to be able to force intra addition in the output
stream. What I mean is that at the same time x264 criterias and GOP
configurations are applied to determine whenever an intra frame is needed
or not we would like to have the capability no add an intra frame whenever
we want.

We have been trying to execute x264_encoder_intra_refresh method before
encoding some particular frames, but without success. Does anyone know if
such a thing can be done with x264?

Thank you,
David