[x264-devel] speed & time

James Darnley james.darnley at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 14:44:06 CET 2014

On 2014-11-13 14:31, mm1201 at mail.ustc.edu.cn wrote:
> How fast can your program run?In mine,it cost nearly 2s to encode one
> frame.Is that normal?I'm confused,someone help me out.

Usually, 2 seconds per frame is not normal.  However x264 can run from
blazingly fast to molasses slow depends on your settings, hardware, and
video input.  You have told use nothing about any of these three.

Are you on x86?  Did you compile with assembly?  Did you compile with
threads?  What sort of video are you encoding?  What settings are you using?