[x264-devel] x264 - compiles gpac static or dynamic?

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Wed Nov 26 00:49:35 CET 2014

static

On Ter, 2014-11-25 at 13:30 -1000, E R wrote:
> HI All,
>

> x264 has the configure option; --enable-static which I did not use, so
> I'm assuming without it, it's all a dynamic build?

Verifying the rpmfusion package , we need as a build required:
gpac-devel-static, because compile it with static lib,  if no option is
given .

> I'm trying to figure out if x264 uses a static or dynamic version of gpac?

That is a good question , if you could build dynamic version , let me
know . This x264 is one exception on Fedora / rpmfusion , because we
build everything dynamically . I wonder why not x264 with gpac, should
have a reason ...

> thanks

Sérgio M. B.