[x264-devel] Patch from Capella Systems

Kieran Kunhya kieran at kunhya.com
Fri Sep 26 00:45:23 CEST 2014

>Thoughts on this? This is a patch to add support for user-specifiable timecodes.

It appears you can set timecode without HRD so the following applies:

I don't really understand what time_offset actually does but the spec says:
"When the time_offset_length syntax element is not present, it shall be inferred to be equal to 24."

The code appears to check for HRD instead of using the inferred value. time_offset is allowed to be not present anyway so it appears easier to just not write it.

counting_type also needs an enum to explain what each type does.

Kieran