[x264-devel] Could you add an option to disable MBAFF/PAFF?

BugMaster BugMaster at narod.ru
Thu Apr 2 18:35:48 CEST 2015

On Thu, 2 Apr 2015 18:06:34 +0900, Hirase Tomoyuki wrote:
> There are some TV sets which cannot decode MBAFF/PAFF.
> (TV sets are acTVila-ready TV sets. The "acTVila" is a video
> portal, owned by Actvila Corporation in Japan.)
> Can I disable MBAFF/PAFF on interlaced encoding?

> Thanks,
> reshia

Hi. If you want disable use of MBAFF/PAFF for autodetected interlaced
source than you can --no-interlaced option. But be aware that this way
you would encode your interlaced source as progressive source and so
TV set can display it incorrectly with interlace artifacts (because it
would see it as progressive).