[x264-devel] Could you add an option to disable MBAFF/PAFF?

T H whoinside.reshia at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 11:25:26 CEST 2015

> On Thu, 2 Apr 2015 18:35:26 +0100, Simon Horlick wrote:
> > Hi Reshia,
>
> > If you are able to, you could try changing the code to force all
> > blocks to interlaced. In encoder/encoder.c:1476 change the line to:
> >          h->mb.b_adaptive_mbaff = 0;
>
> > Then try encoding again with interlace enabled. If that fixes your
> > decoders then it might be possible to expose it as a command line
> setting.
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > Simon
>
> Hi. It is possible to test this without recompile by trying to encode
> with --subme 0. Yes, that is awful quality and wouldn't be exactly
> what you get if we provide option but should be ok for test only if
> recompile is not possible.
>
> P.S. Top-posting is bad!

Thanks BugMaster and Simon,
Sorry for not replying sooner.

I tried changing the code to force all blocks to interlace, and encoding a
stream.
But one of acTVira TV sets couldn't decode the stream.

I suppose that the decoder read a 'mb_adaptive_frame_field_flag' in a
sequence parameter set.
So I try changing the code. In encoder/set.c:184 change the line to:
    sps->b_mb_adaptive_frame_field = 0; //param->b_interlaced;

Nevertheless, it still didn't work.

Thanks,
reshia