[x264-devel] Disabling ME

James Hughes James.Hughes at dspg.com
Mon Feb 16 15:13:36 CET 2015

Hello all,

I've been trying to figure out from Google and from the x264 code whether it is possible to completely disable motion search/motion estimation in x264. So far, I cannot see a way of doing it from the command line, and my knowledge of the code is minimal, so not sure where I would need to put in code changes to get the right result. I suspect something around me.c!x264_me_search_ref, to return early is what I need, but I am not sure what I would need to have in the returned parameters to ensure safe running.

Anyone have any suggestions on disabling ME completely? (Yes, I do have a very good reason why I want to try this!)

Thanks

James