[x264-devel] x264 Serialization

Ryan Bauer r.bauer234 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 04:36:25 CET 2015

Hello Everybody,

I wasn't sure if this was the correct place to ask this question, and if it
isn't I apologize. My question is about x264 NAL unit serialization for
streaming. Would it be best to use a struct and copy the nal unit data into
that struct then serialize it? Or is there another way to do it? Is
serializing the data like this sufficient for streaming? I know the
question might seem kind of broad, but it is the best way I can think of
asking at this point.For streaming, I was going to try and use multicasting
with either ZeroMQ or another networking library.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

Ryan