[x264-devel] Noob - how to use x264 on Mac

Chris Rye chrisarye at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 23:18:31 CET 2015

I'm working on my 3rd Bluray authoring project and really want to try some encoding with x264. In the past I've only used Apple Compressor.
I download the latest 13-Nov-2014 binary file from Index of /pub/videolan/x264/binaries/macosx-x86-64/ however I have no idea what to do with it. How do I install it on my machine? Does it need to be compiled, and if so how do I do that?
I've looked at some of the code for encoding in at the x264 site "Getting Started with x264" and saw some, of what appear to be Terminal commands. Is x264 run completely with Terminal? Really confused on this.
Hoping some one can help me get up and running with this. Thanks folks.