[x264-devel] libx264.a(common.o) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _strcasecmp

xingyanchao xingyanchao at yeah.net
Fri Mar 6 09:19:18 CET 2015

Hi, All,

    I built the libx264.a with ./configure --disable-cli --enable-static.

    But when I used it in another project, there was a link error: libx264.a(common.o) :  error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _strcasecmp.

    In Osdep.h:51, within the #ifdef _MSC_VER section, "#define strcasecmp _stricmp". But I found that _MSC_VER was NOT defined while compiling.
    I tried to change it into "#ifdef _WIN32", there are some warnings but it DID succeed.

    Did I miss something? Looking forward to your comments on it.

     Thanks.

Xing Yanchao