[x264-devel] question regading encoded keyframe size at 720p

Carl Petersen cpetersen at broadsoft.com
Wed Oct 14 22:27:23 CEST 2015

It’s a video conferencing application and the resolution is 1280x720.

We set CRF to 24 and aim for a bitrate of 1024 kbit/s.

Ive noticed the keyframe sizes can be well over 100 kbytes or well over 100
rtp packets when packetized. We don’t do intra refresh at this point in
time.

Though when I compare this keyframe size  with other devices, the other
devices appear to have a much smaller keyframe size at a similar bitrate.

What do I need to consider if I wanted to reduce the keyframe size? Are the
other devices just encoding at a lower quality? But then I see their
bitrate is similar to mine so I must be missing a part of the bigger
picture.

Baseline profile.

--

Learn why you should attend BroadSoft Connections 2015
<http://www.broadsoftconnections.com>

This email is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient and have received this email in error,
please notify BroadSoft, Inc. immediately by replying to this message, and
destroy all copies of this message, along with any attachment, prior to
reading, distributing or copying it.