[x264-devel] question regading encoded keyframe size at 720p

Carl Petersen cpetersen at broadsoft.com
Fri Oct 16 14:44:53 CEST 2015

I certainly get totally different results with the only change being
setting f_rf_constant_max vs not touching that setting. If I set
f_rf_constant_max to 35 ; my crf is 24; I see the occasional downgrade in
quality but no artifacts or glitches or anything. However not setting
f_rf_constant_max, I get frequent grey bars across the bottom of the
screen at the keyframe instants.