[x264-devel] [bug] asm operand has impossible constraints (x86)

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Wed Oct 28 16:57:51 CET 2015

Hi, Updating and correct my information

On Seg, 2015-08-10 at 18:12 +0100, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> > I can't tell if that is a bug in the build tools or in x264 and I
> > don't have pratical experience in assembler.
>
> Strange , we build it on RPMFusion with  :
> %ifarch i686 armv5tel armv6l
>    --disable-asm \
> %endif

With i686 we in RPMFusion, do two builds one disabling asm and one with
asm enabled, this second build is installed in /usr/lib/sse2 dir .
>From what I understood, i686 CPUs could be sse2-capable (or not) and for
them we build with asm and install it in /usr/lib/sse2/ . Applications
could detect if CPU is sse2-capable and if it is loads x264
from /usr/lib/sse2/ .

rpm -ql x264-libs.i686
/usr/lib/libx264.so.142
(...)