[x264-devel] Need help for understanding x264 source code

Hemanthkumar S hemanthkumar2100 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 08:42:27 CEST 2015

Hi all,

Sorry for the broadcast.

I am Hemanthkumar from India, doing my masters in Computer science. I am
working on video encoding optimization by offloading some of the encoding
modules to GPU.

To start with I want to understand the source code of x264, so that I can
work on top of it.
I compiled x264 code by disabling threading and asm, And using GDB to
understand code flow. But still finding it difficult to understand. It
would be really helpful if you can share any design document that can help
me get started.

Thanks,
Hemanth