[x264-devel] Buffer overflow in x264_plane_copy_interleave_neon

Janne Grunau janne-x264 at jannau.net
Fri Aug 26 18:38:53 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 2016-08-26 16:30:35 +0300, Kirill Batuzov wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Aug 2016, Henrik Gramner wrote:
>

> > The ARM code should be fixed to do the same.
>
> Looks like x86 wrappers can be used for ARM as well without any changes.
> Here is a proof of concept patch. I copy-pasted the wrapper and renamed
> the assembler function. This did fix the problem for my case. Just to be
> clear, I'm not ready to sign up to do a proper fix, just reporting a bug
> and sharing whatever relevant information I dug up.

Sorry for not replying earlier. Yes, the x86 macros can be used.
264_plane_copy_neon and x264_plane_copy_swap_neon have the same problem
and can use the wrapper macros from x86 too.  The macros should be moved
common/mc.h so they are shared.  The arm64 functions have the same
problem. I have patches queued and will send them once I implemented
x264_plane_copy_swap_neon for arm64.

Thanks for the bug report and analysis

Janne