[x264-devel] Getting the quantization stepsize (not QP)

Eymen Kurdoglu eymenkurdoglu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 21:08:36 CET 2016

Thanks for your quick reply. I've been told that what I've referred to as
QS might be the qscale in x264.

Essentially I'm interested in the quantity given by 4+6*log2( QP ).

If getting this quantity for each MB is not possible/difficult, it would
also help me to just record the mean QP used in each MB of each frame.