[x264-devel] Poor coding efficiency with ARM asm enabled

Martin Storsjö martin at martin.st
Mon Dec 26 23:20:47 CET 2016

On Mon, 26 Dec 2016, 林镇安 wrote:

> Dear experts,
>
> I compared the coding efficiency of x264, and only to find ~20% loss with
> ARM asm enabled when using CRF/ABR. I want to know what is the cause?

Sorry about this, this is a bug in my aarch64->arm conversion of
x264_mbtree_propagate_list_internal_neon. I'll send a patch to fix this
right now.

Right now, this issue can be worked around by adding the --cpu-independent
option as Henrik suggested yesterday.

For some reason, this issue wasn't detected by checkasm.

// Martin