[x264-devel] recommended file for make fprofiled

Henrik Gramner henrik at gramner.com
Thu Mar 31 01:53:50 CEST 2016

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 1:34 AM, Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know there is the "make fprofiled" option when building.  Are there
> any 'well known" or "recommended" files for running against it for the
> profiling phase, or anything you can recommend there? (Also has any
> body benchmarked it to see how much gain is possible?)
>
> Thanks.
> -roger-

In theory, using sources that are similar to what you intend to encode
should give the best result, although I doubt the end result from
using different sources is going to differ by any significant amount
assuming the sources you chose are somewhat "normal" (e.g. not output
from /dev/urandom or /dev/zero).