[x264-devel] Doubts in TESA implementation

Aishwarya aishwarya.parvathy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 13:46:16 CEST 2016

Hi

I'm trying to understand the implementation of TESA or SEA motion search
algorithm. I understand that the algorithm tries to calculate DC of pixels
within the search range and eliminate few cases before it does ADS. But I
have doubts in some part of the code which I have pasted below:

 1)
           if( delta == 4 )
                sums_base += stride * (h->fenc->i_lines[0] + PADV*2);
            if( i_pixel == PIXEL_16x16 || i_pixel == PIXEL_8x16 || i_pixel
== PIXEL_4x8 )
                delta *= stride;
            if( i_pixel == PIXEL_8x16 || i_pixel == PIXEL_4x8 )
                enc_dc[1] = enc_dc[2];

Can someone please explain the logic behind the above code?

2) Also what value gets stored in m->integral which is used in ADS
calculation in SEA.
3)    Here delta is 8 if  i_pixel == PIXEL_8x8. What happens in the below
code for PIXEL_8x8?

                h->pixf.sad_x4[sad_size]( zero, p_fenc, p_fenc+delta,
                p_fenc+delta*FENC_STRIDE, p_fenc+delta+delta*FENC_STRIDE,
                FENC_STRIDE, enc_dc );

Thanks