[x264-devel] cmake based build system for x264?

Peter Steinbach steinbach at scionics.de
Mon Sep 12 15:03:42 CEST 2016

Hi to all,

I put my fork of x264 on github:
https://github.com/psteinb/x264

the default branch is *not* master but rather a topic branch with my
cmake additions and edits. Note, I had to change some source code to be
able to compile on windows natively.

One thing I observed is, that the CPU detection appears to be broken on
Windows. My Haswell box running Windows 7 is detected to have "none" CPU
features. I'd welcome help on this as it makes x264 unnecessarily slow
on this platform.

Please file any feedback, bugs or concern as issues. Once the community
feels that this fork is stable, I am very much willing to contribute it
to the x264 repo on videolan.org.

Best,
Peter