[x264-devel] Info

Henrik Gramner henrik at gramner.com
Thu Feb 2 22:57:49 CET 2017

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 9:11 AM, Daniele Montesi
<daniele.montesi at elogic-em.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m a Sw Developer and I’m interested to use the x264 library for a project.
> The embedded system is composed by an ARM8 processor with a row stream input from a camera (i.e. 640x480).
> I would like to know some  informations:
>
> - Will the library support this architecture?

Isn't ARM8 (ARMv4) over 20 years old by now? Or do you perhaps mean
ARMv8? The latter should be fine. The former would be way too slow to
be useful.

> - How much will be the data compression?

It's entirely up to you depending on what settings you use. It's a
trade-off between bitrate, quality, and computational complexity.