[x264-devel] Compiling x264 on MinGW

Henrik Gramner henrik at gramner.com
Wed May 24 11:08:47 CEST 2017

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Pradeep Ramachandran
<pradeeprama at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 11:41 AM, BugMaster <BugMaster at narod.ru> wrote:
>> It requires NASM is 2.13 to compile which configure should inform you
>> if don't have it.
>
> I don't have nasm installed in my MinGW which I installed from the installer
> application. Any thoughts on how to get it? Has anyone else tried this?

nasm 2.13 haven't yet propagated to most package managers
unfortunately, so until that happens you need to grab it from git and
compile it.

I've tested 32-bit and 64-bit mingw-w64 on both MSYS2 and
cross-compiling from Linux.

IIRC the MSYS2 package manager currently only provides nasm 2.12.