[x264-devel] Decoder errors in x264 with JM 19

Aishwarya aishwarya.parvathy at gmail.com
Wed May 24 13:49:45 CEST 2017

Hi,

Recently I ran some  simple encodes with x264 on 444 clips like
old_town_cross_444_720p50.y4m using the following options.

 --preset medium --keyint -1 --x264weightp 0 --ref 6

When I try to decode the stream using a binary of JM Decoder 19 , I
get this error

warning: Intra_8x8_Vertical prediction mode not allowed at mb 16
warning: Intra_8x8_Vertical prediction mode not allowed at mb 16
warning: Intra_8x8_Vertical prediction mode not allowed at mb 16
invalid 16x16 intra pred Mode HOR_PRED_16

Has anyone faced this problem? The same stream is able be decode well
with JM 18.5 binary.

Also, x264 is giving inconsistent outputs with the latest builds.

Pls let me know if these are issues with encoder or the  problem is at
the decoder.

Thanks