[x264-devel] Compiling x264 on MinGW

Henrik Gramner henrik at gramner.com
Fri May 26 12:30:49 CEST 2017

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 10:11 AM, Pradeep Ramachandran
<pradeeprama at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 2:38 PM, Henrik Gramner <henrik at gramner.com> wrote:
>> nasm 2.13 haven't yet propagated to most package managers
>> unfortunately, so until that happens you need to grab it from git and
>> compile it.
>
> On Msys-32bit, this is unfortunately failing :-(.

Works for me. Are you using the latest git version of nasm? There was
a recently fixed bug that affected compilation on some platforms,
including MSYS2.

http://repo.or.cz/nasm.git/commit/869087d53dc9e30d80ae7d265ca95a95f7190d1d

> I am hoping that you will wait for this propagation to happen before you
> pull the AVX-512 packages into the stable branch? Or do you recommend
> cross-compiling from linux?

MSYS2 accepted a pull request to upgrade nasm to 2.13.01 a few hours
ago, so it should probably show up on the package manager soon-ish.
Waiting for all major Linux distributions to provide 2.13 however
isn't realistic though because that may take years.