[x264-devel] x264 seg fault issue when encode 4K video

홍석진 ssokjin.hong at navercorp.com
Thu Jul 5 04:03:03 CEST 2018

Hi.
​
Thanks to rapidly support.
I applied patch you sent to me to latest x264 branch and tried to encode few 4K contents which make seg fault problem.
And I finally got normal encoded videos.
​
When I saw patch, it changes variable type of slicetype_path_cost, int(32) to uint64.
It means that when calculate slicetype_path_cost at 4K video contents, this may occurs overflow, right?
But I wonder why it was encoded properly when I changed the number of threads.
​
Do I apply your patch onto latest x264 and can I use it?
I wish you commit this patch to x264 branch because I use pure libx264, without any changes.
​
Once again, thank you for your support.
​
Regards.