[x264-devel] bug report

Attila József user1894 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 17:06:45 CEST 2019

Hi.

I want to report an interesting bug.

I use ffmpeg with x264 lib for lot of tasks. Nowadays, i realize that some
encoded video is not playable on some set-top boxes anymore. I started
 lokking for the error. After lot of compilling, and testing, i found
exactly one commit, that related to this problem. Before that commit,
encoded video works perfectly on every device. After this, only with
baseline profile, and/or with interlaced fields.

the commit:
----
92d36908cbafd2a6edf7e61d69f341027b57f6f8

Author: Yusuke Nakamura <muken.the.vfrmaniac at gmail.com>
Date:   Mon Apr 9 11:01:28 2018 +0900

    Signal Progressive and Constrained profiles

    Progressive High, Constrained High, and Progressive High 10.

    Even in Main profile, constraint_set4_flag is now set to 1 if
progressive,
    and constraint_set5_flag is set to 1 if no B-slices are present.
----

According to my experiences, many amiko boxes affected to this problem,
like:
amiko mini hd
amiko 8140c se
amiko 8142 twin c