[x264-devel] plugin for browsers

Nikolay Sidorov nickola.sid at gmail.com
Thu May 16 02:49:20 CEST 2019

Hello everybody,
I watch some browsers cann't play mp4 video, composed by ffmpeg & mp4box
utils.
1. In W3C standeart HTML5.2 browser looks mime type and plays it or no.
https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/REC-html52-20171214/semantics-embedded-content.html#mime-types
Type string for video source tag has codec parameter (for mp4 -
avc1.octet_sim).
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6381
But ffmpeg & mp4box show not equivalent oktet_sim.
For example ffmpeg shows avc1/0x31637661 and mp4box shows avc1.F40016 and
it has effect for playing Chrom browser by Google Corp.
Why octet_sim isn't equivalent? (screenshot added)

2.W3C shows what to do if browser cann't play video. This is using plugin.
Forefox v 60.6.3esr cann't play composed video with octet_sim F40016 and I
use W3C recomendation including embed tag of plagin. But ffmpeg have not
plugin and plugin based on OpenH264 by Cisco Inc. cann't play video with
octet_sim F40016.

3.I think Firefox is not one of browsers what cann't play video composed by
ffmpeg and idea "to have ffmpeg plugin" have a place for releasing.

Where I can download ffmpeg plugin?