[x264-devel] YUY2 to YUV420P with OpenGL ES 3.1

Chris Hiszpanski chris at hiszpanski.name
Mon Jan 27 07:37:18 CET 2020

> Colorspace conversion is a bit out of scope for libx264, since that's
> a very deep rabbit hole to go into.

Makes sense, thanks.

> Note that YUY2 (YUYV) input is natively supported for 4:2:2 encoding
> already, although afaik it only has SIMD on x86.

Good to know. Yeah, not sure if it makes sense adding SIMD on ARM as
they're mostly used in relatively lower-powered embedded devices that
typically have hardware encoders (bizarre to me that i.MX8M does not),
and the SIMD instructions would barely achieve real-time frame rates.