[x264-devel] nasm: error: unrecognised option `-c'

Mark Himsley mark.himsley at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 16:48:30 UTC 2022

On Fri, 29 Apr 2022 at 17:40, Martin Storsjö <martin at martin.st> wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Apr 2022, Mark Himsley wrote:

> >> yes, aarch64 uses gas.
> >
> > Interesting, when I run configure having defined AS to be GNU AS :
>
> You shouldn't need to set AS at all. The tool here should be
> aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc (as it is given assembly that needs to be
> preprocessed) - but if you don't set AS at all, it should default to that
> too. (I wonder how you ended up with nasm in the first case?)

Thank you. I will try that.

AS was set to nasm because that's how my build process for FFmpeg has
run for years.

The build process is quite big, with lots of libraries with differing
requirements for build tools and env vars.
And the build creates static binaries for x86_64 linux, win and osx.
Today I'm adding aarch64 linux - currently everything works so long as
I --disable-asm in  x264 and ffmpeg.

I'll follow your guidance and see where I get.

Thank you very much.

--
Mark Himsley