[x264-devel] Encode video from smaller images that represent parts that have changed from previous frame

Alecsandru Neculai Andrei alecu89 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 08:23:23 UTC 2022

I am using the desktop duplication API from Windows to capture the desktop and then I want to stream it using x264 library for encoding to h264

The thing is that the desktop duplication API return smaller rectangles with the parts of the screen that have actually changed. I there some way to pass these partial updates to x264 directly to encode them to a video? They just tell x264 what parts of the image have changed from the previous one.
I think it may be faster than allowing x264 to calculate the changes again.