[x265] How to compile x265 with MSYS and MinGW?

Steve Borho steve at borho.org
Tue Jul 30 00:07:52 CEST 2013

cc: to the mailing list so others may benefit

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 1:48 PM, JMK <wsm.9t6 at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) While running cmake, I got the following warning:
>
> "Could NOT find VLD (missing:  VLD_ROOT_DIR VLD_INCLUDE_DIR VLD_LIBRARY)"

this is a harmless warning.

> 2) After running make.exe onto various  directories, all I got was an
> "a.exe" (duplicated file BTW)

You should only need to run make in the msys folder.  It should generate
x265.exe in the same folder.  If it's not, you'll have to give me more info
about what might be failing. See the build/README.txt for more details.

--
Steve Borho