[Translators] VLC 2.0.2 Basque Update (POT-Creation-Date 2012-06-07)

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 14:08:10 CEST 2012

Dear Xabier,

We received your updated translation this morning. However, there are concerns to merge it as is.

We were approached by Julen Ruiz Aizpuru on behalf of librezale.org and Iñaki Larrañaga Murgoitio, the latter being the Basque localization leader on the GNOME, OpenOffice.org, LyX, Inkscape, Scribus and Bluefish projects.
Both of these state that your translation differs greatly from the original one used in VLC 1.1 translated with the help of the Basque local authorities. These differences apparently make it difficult for Basque users to use VLC since they fail to understand your terms and wordings. Because of that, both these guys as well as a significant number of users asked us to replace your translation with the previous one, even though it is less complete.

Could you please state your opinion and reasons about this matter? Note that I don't speak Basque at all, so I cannot take any position here. Would you be open to collaborate your translation efforts with Julen?

Thanks for your time,

Felix

for the VideoLAN association

--