[vlc-devel] Interested in VLC project as a GSOC contributor

Firnas Ahamed firnasahamedinfo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 11:56:19 UTC 2023

Dear Sir,
I hope this email finds you in good health and high spirits. I am reaching
out to express my strong interest in contributing to the "VLC Qt interface
redesign" project as a GSoC contributor. As an open-source enthusiast, I
believe that your project aligns well with my interests and skillset. I am
confident that my skills and experience can add value to your project, and
I am eager to offer my contributions.
I am an undergraduate presently pursuing two computer degrees at two
renowned Sri Lankan universities. I am a computer engineering undergraduate
at the Open University Of Sri Lanka and an undergraduate Bachelor of
Information Technology at the University of Colombo School of Computing
I've been using the VLC application since I first got into computers till
now as it's easy and powerful, and it has impressed me in many ways. I
looked into several projects, yet I am most excited to contribute to VLC
since I am familiar with all of its capabilities and thought it would be
better to contribute to something that I love the most. Among the Gsoc
applications, VLC sparked my curiosity, and I am delighted to spend my
whole efforts on it. I will have a personal satisfaction about contributing
to something I enjoy, and I'm also strong at C and the QT framework, which
I've used to shine in projects I'm now working on.

Therefore, I would be grateful if you could provide me with information on
how I can contact the developers or mentors of this project to express my
interest in participating. Additionally, could you also provide me with
information on how to reach out to Mr Pierre who is the proposed mentor on
this project for guidance and support.
I look forward to hearing back from you soon and thank you in advance for
your time.

*Firnas Ahamed*
*FullStack Developer | Cyber Enthusiast*
*+94 77 0666 158*

*WebSite <https://firnasahmed.github.io/me/> | LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/firnasahmed/> | GitHub
<https://github.com/firnasahmed> | Instagram