[vlc-devel] Possible GSoC application

Jeandre Kruger jeandreckruger at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 05:57:35 UTC 2023

Hello,

I am considering making a GSoC proposal for VideoLan.  I did
unfortunately leave it rather late (the deadline is in 12 hrs).

I considered the following ideas from the list
(https://wiki.videolan.org/SoC_2023/):

dav1d RISC-V optimizations:  I've programmed in RISC-V assembly
(https://github.com/Jonathan50/scratch-risc-v-programs).  I do not
have experience with video decoders or optimizing algorithms; the list
does not seem to require much more than ability in assembly and to
"understand a bit what a video decoder is."

libmicrodns refactoring:  I compiled libmicrodns and tried it out.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Jeandre Kruger