[vlc-devel] Updated documentation correct location

Ankit ankitjmeel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 12:36:31 UTC 2024

Hi

As you might be aware, the wiki is outdated.
The doc page for building VLC locally severely so.[1][2][3][4][5]

I wish to improve the new developer experience WRT process,
building VLC, tooling, documentation.

Apparently git repo seems preferable [6] to the wiki for such
documents.

1 Is it fine if I go ahead and make a PR with a BUILD-macos.md ?
2 And someone with wiki account can update/ rm that page to link to
   the MD file.
3 One file for contributing and raising PRs as well ? [7]

AFAICS, it's the outdated content that shows up in the search engines
which causes such confusion.

Thanks
ankitm

[1]: