[vlc] bogus download site

Jeremy Fogg Jeremy3.Fogg at uwe.ac.uk
Wed Feb 3 14:53:16 CET 2010

Dear Videolan,

I'm sure you're already aware of this, but there's a bogus site offering the VLC player :-

http://www.vlcdownload.org/indexgb.html

It came top in the Bing search engine.

I don't know if you actually get a functioning player as well as the adware, as my antivirus software insisted on deleting the whole thing.

Thanks for a brilliant player by the way.

Jeremy

*         Jeremy Fogg
*         Entremetier (Frenchay)
*         School of Humanities, Languages and Social Sciences
*         Faculty of Social Sciences & Humanities
*         University of the West of England
*         Frenchay Campus
*         Bristol BS16 1QY

This email was independently scanned for viruses by McAfee anti-virus software and none were found