[x264-devel] Announcing a "rolling stable" branch

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 18:45:15 CEST 2010

To all x264 users,

Each time we push out a ~weekly set of improvements, we push a set of
fixes and a set of non-fix changes.  Some of the latter might break
things.  So, for convenience, we've added a "stable" branch, which
will always point to the last of the "fixes" in the most recent push.
This is effectively a "rolling branch": it will never have any commits
of its own, and will be updated to point to the new stable position in
master on each push.  In short, it's a nice convenient way to grab a
recent version of x264 that's less likely to have bugs.

Dark Shikari