[x264-devel] Announcing a "rolling stable" branch

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 20:39:52 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 9:45 AM, Jason Garrett-Glaser
<darkshikari at gmail.com> wrote:
> To all x264 users,
>
> Each time we push out a ~weekly set of improvements, we push a set of
> fixes and a set of non-fix changes.  Some of the latter might break
> things.  So, for convenience, we've added a "stable" branch, which
> will always point to the last of the "fixes" in the most recent push.
> This is effectively a "rolling branch": it will never have any commits
> of its own, and will be updated to point to the new stable position in
> master on each push.  In short, it's a nice convenient way to grab a
> recent version of x264 that's less likely to have bugs.
>
> Dark Shikari

And in a bit of irony, the stable branch doesn't actually work on the
first go because one of the old commits depended on one of the newer
commits.  I've pushed a forced update to fix it so that the
embarrassment doesn't lay on too thick ;)

Dark Shikari