[x265] Possible bug: Chrominance planes shifted when saturation is low

Mario Rohkrämer contact at ligh.de
Fri May 2 21:49:14 CEST 2014

>> http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1679520#post1679520
>
> Reading the initial post, it does sound like the YUV resolution was
> not quite what he thought it was.  The chroma would slide off faster
> than the luma.

He probably used a file which was in fact a Y4M with header, as if it was
a raw YUV. So the header data was interpreted as pixels, and there was a
stable shift of the planes. Twice as obvious for the chrominance due to
the subsampling.

I would suspect a copy&paste without understanding...

--

Fun and success!
Mario *LigH* Rohkrämer
mailto:contact at ligh.de