[x265] Command line parsing appears broken, if not many parameters are now unsupported on purpose

Mario *LigH* Rohkrämer contact at ligh.de
Fri Jul 10 15:46:47 CEST 2015

Between v1.7+96 and v1.7+166, I already noticed that "--log-level full
--help" possibly does not create a full help anymore, but I was not
certain, I believe you wanted to reduce the help output during that time.
The supposed "full help" text output size dropped from 15441 to 10703
bytes.

One of the parameters not documented anymore is "zones"; and so, there is
a current report in the German doom9/Gleitz forum that zones appear to get
ignored; e.g.

x265 --y4m -o foreman_cif_medium.hevc --ssim --log-level info
--csv-log-level 2 --csv foreman_cif_medium.csv --zones
0,99,q=15/100,199,q=35 foreman_cif_pal.y4m

produces CRF VBR quantizer distribution, does not enforce fixed
quantizers. CSV attached.

--

Fun and success!
Mario *LigH* Rohkrämer