[Android] res: Remove some mentions of the apocalypse

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Thu Dec 27 11:59:12 CET 2012

Le 27/12/2012 00:33, Ludovic Fauvet a écrit :
> On Dec 27, 2012 12:23 AM, "Rafaël Carré" <funman at videolan.org> wrote:

>>> Until we are faster than now, we cannot remove the beta label...
>>
>> How much faster?
>>
>> How do we measure speed?
>
> The competition. MXPlayer is currently a bit faster for 1080p decoding
> AFAIK.

How do we measure this, top -m 10 ?

I didn't test MXPlayer much so I don't know if one of my devices can
almost decode 1080p with VLC while MXPlayer would be just fast enough.

I'll give it a try though.

What will happen when MXPlayer beats us again, do we add rename VLC back
into VLC beta?

IMHO beta applies to features, not arbitrary speed or wether or not
we're faster than a concurrent.