[Android] res: Remove some mentions of the apocalypse

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Thu Dec 27 12:04:26 CET 2012

On 27 Dec, Rafaël Carré wrote :
> What will happen when MXPlayer beats us again, do we add rename VLC back
> into VLC beta?

This is not the question. If we are in the same range of perforance, it
does not matter.

Noone benches MPlayer vs VLC anymore, because they are roughly the same
speed. On mobile, this is the same.

> IMHO beta applies to features, not arbitrary speed or wether or not
> we're faster than a concurrent.

_a_ concurrent?

We are slower, by a large margin, than MXPlayer, BSPlayer, Archos, VPlayer
and Plex.
It makes VLC not able to play the videos that are recorded by the
phones, and this is not accepted by users...

Moreover, there are no good technical reasons why we are not able to have a
proper YUV 420 output, just lack of time and skillz.

Best regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734