[Android] res: Remove some mentions of the apocalypse

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Thu Dec 27 15:02:52 CET 2012

Le 27/12/2012 12:04, Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
> On 27 Dec, Rafaël Carré wrote :
>> What will happen when MXPlayer beats us again, do we add rename VLC back
>> into VLC beta?
>
> This is not the question. If we are in the same range of perforance, it
> does not matter.
>
> Noone benches MPlayer vs VLC anymore, because they are roughly the same
> speed. On mobile, this is the same.
>
>> IMHO beta applies to features, not arbitrary speed or wether or not
>> we're faster than a concurrent.
>
> _a_ concurrent?
>
> We are slower, by a large margin, than MXPlayer, BSPlayer, Archos, VPlayer
> and Plex.

I've heard about BSPlayer before (didn't try it like i did for MXPlayer)
but it's the first time I hear about the others, and also that they are
faster than VLC.....

> It makes VLC not able to play the videos that are recorded by the
> phones, and this is not accepted by users...
>

> Moreover, there are no good technical reasons why we are not able to have a
> proper YUV 420 output, just lack of time and skillz.

Is there a bug report about YUV420? (I don't pretend I have time and/or
skills to work on it but without more info even with both time and
skills I wouldn't be able to do anything..)