[Android] TODO

Edward Wang edward.c.wang at compdigitec.com
Fri Mar 30 12:28:53 CEST 2012

On 12-03-30 06:17 AM, XilasZ wrote:
> - don't rename the Db column (in order to preserve exisiting databases)
There is a reason this is called pre-alpha software, I don't care about
breaking the DB at this point.
> - remove useless mFile_internal
> - getTitle should fallback to filename if title==null (same as before)
>
> (i fixed those locally)
>
> - in Media.cs, one constructor for URL is ok, but one constructor for
> files which call the one for URL is weird. I think they should be
> separated, with the common part is another method
Will do.

> - java URI should not be used, it's too expensive on the cpu
I oppose this measure with all force.
> - there are also issues with URI stored in the DB, for instance delete
> doesn't work anymore with URI
That is a lie.

> I tried to remove URI completelly, but then i got issue with unicode
> because of libvlc_media_new_location.
>
> We could keep the path as it is for files, and just use
> libvlc_media_new_location if location contains ":", else use
> libvlc_media_new_path.
>  libvlc_media_new_path encode the path to an URI and call
> libvlc_media_new_location, that's way faster than using java URI.
I oppose this broken hack which doesn't work, is not clean and is not
reliable. Please don't suggest broken hacks. If need be, we can always
roll a custom toURI function.

> i'll send you a .trace file when i have the time.
I'll be waiting.